The US Federal Communications Commission has officially called Huawei and ZTE a threat to US national security


The US Federal Communications Commission has officially called Huawei and ZTE a threat to US national security

The US Federal Communications Commission has officially called Huawei and ZTE a threat to US national security

News unit EMGblog.com: Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on Tuesday June 30, 2020 (July 10, 2019) with release a statement, officially Huawei and declared ZTE as a threat to the national security of the United States . In this statement – prepared by the office of one of the commissioners of this institution named Brendan Carr – both Huawei and ZTE companies are related to the (so-called) Chinese Communist government and involved in industrial espionage on a large scale. have been accused Ajit Pai, who heads the FCC, also pointed out that Huawei and ZTE have close ties with the Chinese Communist Party and the country’s military apparatus, noting that according to Chinese law, these two companies are forced to cooperate with intelligence services. This is the country.

According to Brendan Carr, the United States has completely abandoned the weak and ineffective approach it had in the past towards the Chinese communist government and intends to show off the necessary strength to face China’s threats. The Republican majority of the FCC also stated in a separate statement that they will not allow the Chinese Communist Party to exploit weaknesses in their communications networks and will not compromise their sensitive communications infrastructure. According to Ajit Pai, the amount of evidence in this field is so high that it easily justifies such a decision. Of course, such accusations are not new and have been issued many times by the United States authorities and the President of the United States, who are always denied Huawei and ZTE has been encountered.

According to the FCC’s new decision, from now on US telecommunications companies cannot use government subsidies to buy, acquire, maintain, upgrade, modify or support any equipment or network services from Huawei and ZTE. do It is said that the order issued by the FCC on Tuesday will be implemented quickly, but it is not yet clear how this order will change the current situation.

The Federal Communications Commission previously announced in November of last year that companies deemed by the United States to be a threat to national security are not eligible to receive money from the “Universal Service Fund” (USF). . The Federal Communications Commission has allocated an amount equal to 8.4 billion dollars to this fund, and this is the only way through which the FCC can help improve and expand communications throughout the United States by purchasing telecommunication equipment and services.

Huawei and ZTE were called a threat to US national security at the very beginning, but giving such a title to these two companies during an official process (taking into account the objections that were subsequently raised by Huawei and ZTE) took place during the last several months and finally ended in the new FCC statement. However, according to an FCC representative, the order, which was issued last November, currently only covers USF payments to companies.

One of the FCC’s Democratic commissioners, Geoffrey Starks, said in a public statement that labeling Huawei and ZTE as a threat to US national security is just the beginning, because already many The equipment that is being used in the US telecommunications network is provided by these two companies and should be identified and replaced.
“The [Federal Communications] Commission has taken important steps toward identifying problematic equipment in our systems, but more needs to be done,” Starks said. The missing piece [in this puzzle] is funding.” In the Safe and Secure Communications Networks Act (enacted in 2019), Congress recognized that many carriers need protections to protect themselves from unreliable telecommunications equipment, but Congress has yet to provide funding to replace this. Equipment is not assigned.

The recent press release is full of gross and reckless political claims that overshadow and ignore the technological achievements of Huawei and ZTE. It should be noted that the recent statement does not mean a complete disconnection between American companies and these two Chinese companies. American companies are still allowed to cooperate with Huawei and ZTE in some areas, although they can no longer use government subsidies. This provides the basis for further separation of Chinese telecom giants from their American counterparts. However, according to some experts, this is to the detriment of the United States and puts American telecommunications companies (especially smaller ones) that want to upgrade to 5G at a disadvantage. We must accept that Huawei and ZTE is the leader in the field of 5G and is far ahead of its American competitors.

Previous Introduction of Motorola One fusion with Snapdragon 710, four cameras and 5000 mAh battery
Next Introducing the Honor X10 Max with a 7.09-inch screen, 5G support and a competitive price

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.